Sunday, May 1, 2011

Challenge Week 12

This has been a really long week, I started my new job on Monday and with the long commute to NYC and back each day it doesn't give me much time to do anything else. So my post had to wait until now, Sunday evening.  Once I get back into a routine I'll get back to posting on Saturday morning. So, my apologies for being late.

For week 12 of the challenge I made a beautiful pair of copper color crystal earrings, with gold accents. The large focal bead is an 8 mm Swarovski crystal checkerboard in copper color. Then I added gold spacer beads, Xilion bicone 4 mm crystals and 2mm copper beads. They hang from gold french wires.  These earrings have a lot of sparkle  to them.

It's rare that I use all gold, most of the time I either use silver or a mix of silver and gold, so this has been a bit of a challenge.  Also, using the copper color crystals is different for me, I lean towards more the blues, blacks and greens.

I hope you enjoy these earrings and will come back next week.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty (and fiery!). Also, congrats on your new job. It must be exciting to work in New York. That's a shame about the commute, though.

    ReplyDelete