Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First Craft Fair


This past weekend, November 7th and 8th I had my first two craft fairs. They were both successful in their own way. Saturday I sold a few things and got the experience of my first craft fair. The 2 vendors right by me were very nice women that I know through the SOMA Artist Guild, Jo and Ann, so I felt comfortable. Pictured on the right is my booth on Saturday.

Sunday I was on my own, and it was outside. It was a little cool in the morning but ended up being a beautiful day. It was a little breezy and kept knocking down one of my displays, so that kept me busy. I met some very nice people and sold some items, just enough to cover the cost of my table. All in all it was a good weekend.

Of course I had to make some purchases and I did by some cards from Jo Bradney who makes some wonderful charcoal drawings, then reproduces them into cards. Check out her Etsy store at www.etsy.com/shop/JoBradney and Ann has great t-shirts and prints, her store is www.etsy.com/shop/BeastlyBeasties. On Sunday I bought a piece of pottery that is a honey pot, it's so cute and reminds me of Winney the Poo, that was from Karen of Burnt Mill Potters and her Etsy store is www.BurntMillPotters.Etsy.com

I sold lots of eyeglass holders and badge holders, charm bracelets, rings and earrings. My next show is on December 5th at the Bridgewater Raritan Middle School, Merriwood Drive in Bridgewater, NJ from 10 am to 4 pm. This is an all hand made fair, no commercial items will be sold. If you can make it, stop by my booth and let me know that you read my blog and I will give you a 10% discount on your purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment