Saturday, April 23, 2011

Challenge Week 11

The challenge this week was not finding a design but getting the earrings made. It seems like everything either got in my way or went wrong. Even taking the  pictures was daunting. May be it's the stress of worrying about starting a new job on Monday, I don't know.  I'm just glad that I didn't give up because I am so pleased at how these earrings came out.

The earrings that I made for Week 11 of my challenge are called Dew Drop earrings. They are made with a pretty blue tear drop glass bead that reminds me of the fresh morning dew of spring. The blue beads are highlighted with silver seed beads and hang from french hooks on stainless steel wire. They hang 3 inches from the ear.

You may be saying, "that's too long for earrings" but these are so light weight and airy that you won't even know they are on your ears until someone compliments you.

You can see more pictures of this earring by going to my website at McLachlan Design Studio.  Now I'm going to take a nap.

Thanks for reading, all comments are welcome. Please stop by next week to see what comes off the work room table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment