Monday, January 19, 2015

Stellar Citrus Earrings



Last year I was a little distracted and wasn’t able to blog as much as I wanted to, my apologies for being away so long.

With the New Year I have a new determination to blog at least once a week and if you feel the need to give me a push to blog more, my email address is denise@jewelrybydm.com.  I will be happy for the reminder and to hear from you.  Even if you feel like sending an email with topics you would like to see in this blog or comments on how I can make it better, it would be great to hear from you since I feel like blogging is sometimes a one way communication.

While shopping I came across these beautiful Celestial Crystal drops in yellow and just had to have them.Yellow isn’t usually a color that I use, so I wanted to add this new color into my pallet and also the new shape.  In high school my art teacher told me that I tend to balance my artwork too much and should try to add more asymmetrical shapes into my art.  Many years later I remembered what he said when I saw these crystals because they fit the bill of asymmetrical so well.  I like them so much that today I bought 2 more sets, one in blue and one in purple.



If you look closely at the orange crystal you will see that the orange has yellow mixed into it.  I found these beads in the summer while in a bead store in New York and bought a package of them along with a package of yellow beads that have a little orange in them.  I plan to make a bracelet that can be worn with these earrings.

These earrings may not end up in my Etsy store because there is a woman at work that saw the crystals when I bought them and wants first dibs, but watch for the blue and purple earrings of the same shape in the coming months.  If you want yellow ones contact me at the above email address and I will do my best to get the yellow ones for you.  Just know that there were a limited quantity of the yellow and when they are gone I’m not sure if I can get more.  They do come in lots of other colors though.

Until next week….
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment