Sunday, January 8, 2012

Challenge Week 36

Last week (week 35) I made a necklace that I called Shades of Grey and when I showed it to my sister she liked it and thought that I should make earrings to go with it.  I totally agreed with her because, well, it was such a great combination of beads I just couldn’t stop at a necklace.  Who knows, I may even make a bracelet.

The centerpiece of the earrings is the rectangle mother of pearl bead topped with a grey glass pearl.  I then added 2 leaves hanging from the bottom and in-between the pearl and the rectangle.  I took a picture of the necklace and earrings together (see below).  I think that whoever purchases these, either separately or together, is going to wear them a lot.  I’ve had them on display on my workroom table and can’t stop looking at them. 

Lately I’ve seen a lot of grey in the fashion magazines.  Even Elle Décor showed several rooms done in grey with either white or another color like turquoise or blue.  If you have been reading my posts you may remember that I moved in September.  I had decided to do my living room in black and white with a hint of color, I was thinking of the blue that Martha Stuart uses a lot of, but I couldn’t find the right pieces and ended up with grey and highlights of red.  So, maybe I’m just on a grey kick and everyone is going to think that I should just get over it and that this piece isn’t as great as I think it is.  Voice your opinion, leave me some comments and let me know what you think.

See you next week. And no I’m not going to make the matching bracelet, at least not this week.  I have something in mind for Valentine’s Day to do for next time.

You can see more pictures of this item in my Etsy store.

Have a good week,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment